Between St. Patrick’s Day, Easter and the spring equinox there seems to be a lot more green in the world, or at least in stores stocking up on shamrock themed items and pastel colored candies. Not to mention my favorite item on the menu at McDonald’s: that elusive minty treat the Shamrock Shake.
Green is also a favorite color in fashion this year, from a soft feminine mint green to the classic emerald shade and bold and funky lime green. I’m not complaining, green has been my personal favorite color forever! I’ve found a lot of clothes and accessories in various greens that I’ve fallen in love with. Check out some of my favorite purchases and wishlist items.
1. I always love the Mad Men collection that Banana Republic puts out to coincide with the show, since I love the style of the 60s. This year’s collection features a Mod style and as soon as I saw this bright green shift dress I was in love with it. I figured I’d never actually own it, since spending $140 on a dress is not in my budget, but as luck would have it I was at The Grove when Banana Republic had a pop up shop there to launch the collection. My sister and I visited and received a makeover (eyelash extensions and little teasing of the hair) plus one item from the samples they had of the collection, absolutely free! This little green dress now hangs in my closet.
2. I love the colorblock design on this leather messenger from Madewell. The mint makes it perfect for spring, but the navy blue means it would look great with your fall and winter wardrobe, too. I’m not in the market for a new handbag, but whenever I walk by the store I wish I could get this one.
3. I couldn’t resist this adorable sweater from Old Navy, it’s super soft and lightweight which makes it perfect for springtime weather. The minty green polka dots are my favorite, but the other colors and graphics are cute too: cherries, hearts and “love”.
4. My “wardrobe wishlist” is mostly classic, versatile pieces in neutral colors. And then random stuff like a bright colored pair of Top-Siders! If I could, I would splurge on any of these color combos, they all seem perfect for summer.
5. Can’t forget the easiest/cheapest way to wear your new favorite color: a new bottle of nail polish. I was on the hunt for a new color a few weeks ago in CVS and this minty shade from Revlon caught my eye immediately. I will probably be wearing it constantly the next few weeks or months!