Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Seriously.

As much as I like LA’s seemingly endless sunshine, I LOVE autumn and long for the warm colors and crisp air of a Midwestern fall.  If its below 70 degrees or remotely cloudy I’m happily seizing the opportunity to snuggle into a sweater and knitted slippers and cozy up on the couch with a hot beverage.  And what hot beverage says fall more than a Pumpkin Spice Latte?  People competed to have these babies on the menu of their local Starbucks before anybody else.  Their seasonality makes them special, and their deliciousness doesn’t disappoint.   With a little searching of Google or Pinterest, it’s not hard to find a recipe to make it in the comfort of your own kitchen – so there’s no need to swap your slippers for sneakers, unless you’ve run out of cinnamon or something.

For our latest Ladies Night we were hosting another large group so I decided to make a crowd-sized version of this fall favorite beverage courtesy of a pinterest link to blogger Urban Nester.

Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Lattes

• 4 cups strongly brewed coffee
  • 6 cups milk*
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon

Mix coffee and milk together in a crock pot.  Whip together pumpkin, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon then add to crock pot and mix well.  Heat on high for 2 hours.  Enjoy with cinnamon sticks, whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon or a dash of your favorite liqueur!

*I used middle of the road 1%, but go with whatever you like to order at the coffee shop: non-fat, soy, almond, whatever!

Happy Fall, Ali!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Categories: Social Lubricants (Drinks), Welcome!

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

21 Comments on “Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Seriously.”

1. October 16, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

Thanks for the hot tip. No pun intended.:)

2. October 16, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

Oh, yum!

3. October 16, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

Yum. Pinned it for a dinner party this weekend.

• October 17, 2012 at 9:56 am #

Great! Let us know how your guests like it :)

4. October 16, 2012 at 7:03 pm #

Some of my girlfriends are getting together to watch Halloween movies this Friday. Awesome. I know. This recipe is perfect!

• October 17, 2012 at 9:56 am #

Have fun! Your gal pals will love this drink! Add amaretto for a yummy twist!

Also, if you are interested – Us OAM ladies are always looking for awesome ladies to feature on our “OAM Everywhere” page. If you’re up for it, you should take pictures of your Halloween movie marathon and do a little write up about it, then send it to us! We love sharing how women around the world hang out with their girls! Have fun!!

5. October 17, 2012 at 12:12 am #

Wow! Can’t wait to try this one out. Who would have thought pumpkin and coffee would go together. I’d like to surprise my friends with this one night.

6. October 17, 2012 at 4:32 am #

Love this! I live on a small island in the Caribbean. One of the things is miss most is in the fall is the specialty flavored pumpkin coffee. I’m going to make this! Thanks.

• October 17, 2012 at 9:59 am #

Pumpkin ANYTHING can help make even the warmest of climates seem a little more like fall :) Thanks for reading and let us know how it turns out.

• October 17, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

will do. I can’t wait.

7. October 18, 2012 at 6:32 am #

Yum-o

8. October 18, 2012 at 7:10 am #

Dinner party and games night with the girls on Sunday — I know what I’m bringing!

9. October 19, 2012 at 9:00 am #

I’m going to make this!

10. November 28, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

I love the idea of making this recipe in the crockpot. I’m so trying this soon! Thanks!

11. December 5, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

My best friend’s favorite drink…great idea for making this! thanks for the “like” too…

12. Jill
    August 11, 2013 at 1:46 pm #

1/2 cup of vanilla extract?!?! Is that right? That seems like a lot. I don’t think they sell it in that amount… Or can you use vanilla beans?

• August 11, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

Yes! 1/2 cup! You might be able to try the bean idea! If you do, keep us posted! We’d love to see how it turned out!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Pumpkin Spice Kiss Kiss Cookies | Once A Month 4 Ladies - October 30, 2012

[...] is all about pumpkin flavored coffees, breads, desserts, etc. Ali made pumpkin spice lattes for our last OAM get together – and they were a hit! I am always up for trying new recipes [...]

2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US! | Once A Month 4 Ladies - March 21, 2013

[...] about topics that range from Vajazzling and “Game of Thrones”-inspired costumes to Crockpot Pumpkin Lattes and Coping with [...]

3. OAM’s Autumn Pumpkin Recipe Contest! | Once A Month 4 Ladies - September 5, 2013

[…] will be pumpkins EVERYWHERE!! Pumpkin is such a multi-purpose ingredient in cooking, baking, and drink concocting that we thought we should use it for the basis of a […]

4. Honeycrisps AND Beer?! | Once A Month 4 Ladies - September 6, 2013

[…] hot and humid out, fall really IS just around the corner. All sorts of delicious seasonal foods and beverages are being released, but my favorite seasonal food is the honeycrisp apple. So tart and juicy and […]

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,807 other followers