OAM’s Self Love Project 2012

Hit Play to Watch!

We invited ladies to participate in a “Self Love” project. We asked the ladies to take a picture of themselves holding up a sign filling in the blank “I love myself because _______.”

The goal was let other ladies know they are not alone, that at least one person has and will have/has experienced/and understand exactly where they are coming from. An insecurity or what could be looked at is a flaw was encouraged!

This is the result of our first submissions! This is an ongoing project! If you’re feeling inspired and want to share your self love, please email us your pictures at onceamonth4ladies@gmail.com, with “Self Love Project” in the subject line.

If you know of any lovely ladies who would be interested in participating please invite them along!

Thanks for the love & support,

XO

Ali, Bryce, Kyla, & Tosha

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Beauty, Lady Talk Forum, The Self Love Project, Welcome!

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

23 Comments on “OAM’s Self Love Project 2012”

1. Anonymous
    October 4, 2012 at 5:27 pm #

Beautiful and Wonderful!

2. sheargeniousfashioneasta
    October 4, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Absolutely wonderful!

3. October 4, 2012 at 6:55 pm #

I had one of THOSE days today… you know the kind. The days where every second person is mad at you even though they’ve never met you. But this made me smile. Really, really big. I loved it (and could relate to a few of the entrants–turning red while speaking in public being the most notable).

• October 4, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

Yay! Well we are happy we could provide you a little pick me up :) Come back if you’re ever feeling that way again, we’ve all been there. Today… I’m having super bloated headachy period gross feeling, an ugly day if you will! You’re “Really, really big” smile made me feel much better! hehe – Kyla

4. October 4, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

This made me SO happy. It also made me a tad jealous…of the girl who can sleep anywhere. =]

5. October 5, 2012 at 5:18 am #

This is so awesome. Will definitely be reblogging. Thanks for heading this up! I’ll be working on my own photo to send you.

6. October 5, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

I love this, you guys! What a fabulous idea! I always feel disgusted with myself and am always trying to give myself a dose of self-love and confidence. The video totally made my night.

7. October 5, 2012 at 10:11 pm #

Sweet idea. Work at a school for girls and this kind of thing would go over really well with my students. Thanks for caring and sharing :)

• October 5, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

Share along! :) that why we made it :) you can have them submit too!

8. October 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

(also, my itty bitty titties thank the girl who gave ‘em props in the video)

9. October 6, 2012 at 8:00 pm #

Your blog looks great. But why not change your masthead to OAM? It’s much cooler.

10. October 9, 2012 at 9:54 am #

Awesome! Thanks for liking my post “Strength: God given or Man made”. I will be following you gals. This is great. Haven’t been through your entire site yet. Do you have anything for the single moms? Even if you don’t I will be following.

11. November 7, 2012 at 2:55 am #

Hi thanks for liking my blog, I’m having a feeling fat and ugly day today but will now choose to ignore it and feel gorgeous!

12. November 9, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

I really do love what you guys do! I love my bouncy curls, fun freckles & my passion to make a difference by helping others! Thank you for sharing so many amazing ideas in your blog!

13. January 4, 2013 at 6:43 am #

I just reposted this on my blog:

I love it, thank you!

14. January 24, 2013 at 6:03 pm #

Reblogged this on Once A Month 4 Ladies and commented:

After discussing this with one of our contributors, we realized maybe we should share this post once again and remind you to submit your photo for our Self Love Project 2013! Share the video and keep the love coming!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Hollywood, Welcome to the Real Boob Show! | Once A Month 4 Ladies - November 15, 2012

[...] And a lovely note from a friend of OAM and The Self Love Project, [...]

2. Happy Friday: Self Love Project | A Happy Lass - January 4, 2013

[...] in October I read a great post by one of my favorite blogs: Once A Month For Ladies. They asked their readers to send a picture [...]

3. Self Love Project 2013 | Living Young & Wild & Free - January 31, 2013

[...] am currently following a blog Once A Month 4 Ladies that posted this project this time last year. Their goal is to help women not feel alone in where [...]

4. We Love Dove. | Once A Month 4 Ladies - April 16, 2013

[...] Self Love Project Continues to Grow! Why do you love yourself? Send us your photos today! [...]

5. My Open Letter to Young Girls | Once A Month 4 Ladies - December 12, 2013

[…] me. This video has since been pulled from the site and replaced with a video that reminds me of our Self Love Project, but it was a compilation of young girls going onto Youtube and posting a video of themselves and […]

6. Joseph Gordon-Levitt Takes On Objectification | Once A Month 4 Ladies - June 27, 2014

[…] yeah, JG-L! We don’t HAVE to fit into these rolls! What a self-loving idea! THAT is why I wanted to write about this movie. A man who is vain and shallow and has […]

What do you think?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,796 other followers